Personal development planning is all around self-reflection, self-analysis and personal goals. Personal development plans are projects that help you excel in your personal and professional life. It’s about being able to take a step back and look at your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats so you can make a plan on how to improve them.
Many people struggle with this process because they don’t’ take time to self analyze and make plans. Having a personal development plan is very crucial, it helps you kick start your self development journey successfully .Have a strategy then implement.
Personal development planning is the process of:
- establishing aims and objectives (or goals) – what you want to achieve or where you want to go, in the short, medium or long-term in your career
- assessing current realities
- identifying needs for skills, knowledge or competence
- selecting appropriate development activities to meet those perceived needs.
What does the above self development plan template entail;
- SWOT Analysis
- What your aims are.
- Why these aims are important to your values (in the short-term or long-term).
- What your current situation is.
- The skills, knowledge or competencies needed to take you to the next step.
- The activities or training you can partake in to meet those requirements.
- How to review & adapt
Importance of Self development plans
- It’s a roadmap to your success – It gives you a direction in life and steps to take to achieve your goals. It’s easy to follow a plan rather than trying aimlessly
- sharpens your existing skills
- Helps you identify some hidden talents/skills
- Gives your known talents room to shine
- Drives your motivation
- Raises self-awareness – It calls your attention to the aspects of yourself that need improvement
- Gives you a confidence boost – when you work on areas you’ve identified as your weaknesses, you transform them into personal strengths, making you even more confident in your abilities.
- It strengthens you
- Helps you reach your short term & long term goals
- Helps improve your current productivity performance
- Gives you a clear focus
Click on the BUY button now and kick start your journey to excellence!